May 17, 2013

Two Dollars and a Dream (Some Luck Doesn't Hurt Too!)


Money. It's what runs the world and keeps people moving. Everyone wants and needs money and sometimes we do crazy things to get it. Getting the money would be easier if it grew on tree's, sadly this isn't the case. How amazing would it be to have to spend only $2 and suddenly end up becoming a millionaire? Almost too good to be true?


Well thanks to the lottery game Powerball anyone 18 and older has the chance to do just that. I know what you’re probably thinking: the odds of winning are astronomical and you'd be right in saying that. The odds for the current Powerball Jackpot worth $600 million are a staggering 1 in 175,223,510 (the article below puts the odds into a wake-up perspective for some).


Some of the odds listed in the article certainly popped the bubble that was growing in my head. Take for example the fact that you have a better chance getting struck by lightning than you do winning the Powerball Jackpot. It certainly puts a downer on things, but it still doesn't stop people from buying the tickets and definitely doesn't stop some people from coming up with a way to beat the game.


I thought you all should know that while I was out with my mom grocery shopping I purchased 5 tickets. I know spending $10 like that probably wasn't money savvy (I heard it a bit from my mom). But I don't play the lottery every day like some people do, so I don't really see a problem with increasing my odds, just a little bit.


 
 
Like the saying says "A Dollar and a Dream" is all it takes. Well in my case it took $10 but I'll just wait and see what happens on Saturday. If you don't take chances in this world and live a little you're just not living in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment