May 22, 2013

Heatwave!


What no blog?....ahhhh!!!


I do apologize for the delay in writing this post. At around 1:30pm today we lost power at our house from the severe thundestorm we had today. Apparently it caused a tree to fall on some lines and boom no power! So I sat here patiently (and sometimes impatiently) waiting and after 7 hours the lights and internet came alive. So without further ado or any more problems...please read on.

I'm not a warm weather person. I enjoy the cold and absolutely love winter. Some people think it's because of Christmas and whatnot but I actually love it because of the snow and cold temperatures. I feel more comfortable having to put layers of clothes on than taking them off during the summer.

Trees in my yard this past winter


A lot of folks that live up here in Upstate NY don't enjoy the snow and can't wait for it to just melt and disappear. But me I wish it would snow or at least stay in the cooler temperatures during the summertime because these higher temps drive me crazy!

Like I stated last night I was tempted to tell my husband to find the air conditioner in our closet and plug it in because the heat and humidity were starting to get to me. Not to mention I went outside and worked out for 30 mins in the scorching weather at noon (I know I should've know better) so that definitely did not help me.

I know that I'm not the only person who doesn't forebode well with the high temps and humidity so I thought it'd be wise to post some tips on how to stay cool when you're about to boil over (from the heat of course...lol):


  1. Drink cold drinks (water and juice are the best).
  2. Avoid tea, coffee, soda, and alcohol (they will make you dehydrated).
  3. If you get too warm take a nice cool bath or shower (or visit a pool).
  4. DO NOT go out between 11am-3pm (this is the hottest part of the day).
  5. Wear loose, light colored clothing when you go outside; bring a hat too.
  6. If all else fails stand in front of a fan or AC...sometimes that's what I do!

I hope that these tips will keep most of us heat haters and even those of you who are just careful safe so that we can survive this summer. We're only in May right now and by the looks of it it's going to be a hot one. Stay cool everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment