May 20, 2013

I Miss You


Continuing on from yesterday's late night entry (you can still respond to that after reading this if you'd like) I was reminiscing about my Poppy. I reminisced about the conversations that we used to share and without me even saying a word he knew when something was wrong.

Some days are better than others, but on those days when it's really bad I just break down and cry. I think that I cry because even though I have my husband and mom around to talk to about things I still wish that my Poppy was here because he always put things in a way that made me feel better.

One of those instances was when my husband was overseas in Iraq and I felt really alone and didn't know how I was going to be able to deal with him being so far away for so long. I remember going down to my Poppy's and crying and he just sat there and let me cry and get it all out.

 
When I was done crying he gave me a hug and kiss and told me everything would be ok. He also told me that I needed to be strong for my husband because what he was doing wasn't easy and he needed all the love and support he could get from me.

In those few sentences he actually saved my marriage. Not having my husband home wasn't easy and when you're thousands of miles away it's even harder when you have an argument because there is no hug to say you're sorry or kiss to make it feel better. But my husband and I got through it thanks to my Poppy and his loving and caring advice.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again until the day I pass away and him again. I love and miss you Poppy and I can never thank you enough for everything you did for me. I hope I make you proud when you see me because that's all I've ever wanted. And I know I will see you again <3

Forever and Always
June 9, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he was a great man. I miss my papaw and my Mamaw every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he was an amazing man and I miss him every single day. But I know he's watching me from up above, just like I'm sure your Papaw and Mamaw are Cameron!

    ReplyDelete