May 26, 2013

Thank You!

 
Memorial Day. I know that on Monday a lot of people will be happy to have an extra day off from work, have a barbecue with friends and family, and attend parades. But I also wonder if these people know what is at the center of this holiday; not just the food and beer.

Memorial Day is a day to remember the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. I think it shouldn't just be confined to one day. Each and every day we should be thankful and grateful for those who allow us to live FREE!
http://www.operationwearehere.com/index.html

Please click on the link above. It gives great insight into what the men and women of the US Armed Forces and their families go through every day. It also gives civilians or other military families the opportunity to help each other and get an understanding for what they do.

I was a military spouse for 2 years and now I'm a veterans spouse caring for my husband who has PTSD and a TBI. I'll admit some days are better than others but I'm very thankful that I have him here with me. But some spouses aren't as lucky as I was.


As a military spouse I've heard people say that you're supposed to know what you're in for when you marry a man/woman from the military, but some people are just stupid! They don't know how hard it is to sit by the phone or computer and wait to hear from your loved one to know that they're alive.

Each day I feel very blessed that my husband came home to me and each day my heart breaks for the wives and husbands who aren't coming home to their families. If you want to honor these fallen heroes tomorrow observe a moment of silence and say a prayer for their families. Memorial Day isn't just another holiday, it's a day to repay those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment