June 14, 2013

My Favorite Movie


This is my all time favorite movie!!

Directed by Steven Spielberg in 1975, the movie Jaws is actually based on the novel of the same name by author Peter Benchley. The film stars Roy Scheider (Chief Martin Brody), Richard Dreyfuss (Matt Hooper), Robert Shaw (Quint), Lorraine Gary (Ellen Brody), and Murray Hamilton ( Mayor Larry Vaughn).

The above links for Jaws, the actors/actresses, the director, and author can explain why this movie was so amazingly great, a lot better than I ever could here on paper. So if you would, please read.

Also, besides the stellar cast and crew was the music behind the film. Enter legendary music director John Williams, who came up with the most terrifying music sequence in film history. And to think it all started with just three little notes. Take a listen below to see what I mean.

 
To this day that music still sends shivers down my spine, especially when I'm near water. You just never know what could be lurking underneath that glassy surface. I don't think it matters how old I get, I'll always have a craving to watch Jaws, even though it's made it where I never want to go into the ocean for a swim...lol.
 
Jaws vs. Martin Brody (aka Roy Scheider)


No comments:

Post a Comment