June 4, 2013

A Scratch Behind The Ear

As I stated yesterday my pet's mean everything to me. Yes, I love my husband and my family, but when it comes to my cats there's a different level of love there. I treat them as if they were my children (I don't have any and do not plan on ever having any). There's just no better way to describe them, they are my life.

Some of you may be reading this post and thinking "Okay, psycho cat-lady at ten o'clock", but you'd be wrong about me. I'm content and happy with my two cats, Hemi and Belle. I love my cat's like their my kids, but I know when the lines between being loving and obsessive become extreme.

Hemi (left) and Belle, completely caught off guard.

I know some of my readers are probably pet owners and I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about with the above statements. But for those of you who aren't pet owners, but love animals, here are a few good reasons you should own a pet:

  1. It's good for your heart (all the love and compassion you show them).
  2. Petting an animal can help fight depression.
  3. They can teach us new skills (new life lessons from animals).
  4. Owning a pet can help lower your cholesterol and stress levels.
  5. Can improve you're fitness (specifically for dog owners).
  6. Having a pet can reduce your risk for asthma and allergies.
  7. Animals are just so damn cute! Who can resist right?

If you're thinking of adopting a cat, or any other animal for that matter, turn to your local shelter to do so. June is National Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month. So get on out there and save an animal's life. Below is the link to my local shelter, but you can find the shelter nearest you and see what pet's are waiting to be loved.


Hemi and Belle were both rescues that I adopted when they were just a few months old. I'm very thankful to have them in my life and my family's life because they make it much more interesting and fun every single day. Remember, pets are family too, so treat them with the same love and respect they give to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment