April 1, 2013

Turning Into Something More

My husband and I left my mother's last night after having Easter dinner and patiently waited for the season finale of The Walking Dead. My husband and myself have watched the show from the beginning and like the rest of the world seem to have a facscination with zombies. I had planned on this blog being about what went on in the season finale but something else caught my eye. The new tagline for AMC...something more. Those two words struck such a cord with me when I first saw the commercial.

Something more means a lot of things to people, but to me it makes me think of what if. What if there is something more to the situation or what if there is something more coming. My husband and I had a discussion after the season finale ended about what would we have done in Andrea's situation. Would we have killed ourselves so we wouldn't have to turn into a flesh eater or would we have had someone else do it even though knowing that they would have to have that on their conscious the rest of their life. My husband stated that he would have killed himself to avoid all of the above. However, when it came to me making a decision I was very indicisive about it. The idea of killing myself, even though I would know what I would turn into scares me so much. But at the same time I wouldn't want to make someone have to sit there and shoot me because I know I'd be begging for my life. All in all death scares me.

I've lost enough people around me that I really do wonder what happens when you die. Do you become a ghost and never truly leave this world? Or do you go to heaven or hell for eternity? With so many questions the thought of dying sends chills down my spine. I know sooner or later it will happen, but I just wish I knew what to expect. If there is something more...

No comments:

Post a Comment