April 11, 2013

I'm Me, So Deal With It (Part 1)

I know that I'm not perfect and I know I will never be perfect. So why do people have a notion in their head that I need to be perfect in their eyes? When I was younger I used to think that I had to be perfect, not because of my parents or anything like that, it was just in my head I thought that I needed to be perfect to fit in with everyone else. I didn't understand then that not being perfect was a good thing and that you can never attain being perfect in your lifetime...it just isn't possible. So why do people think this way?

I think that in today's society that if your not as good as someone else you don't matter. You have to make a name for yourself or do something with your life otherwise you fall by the wayside. Like I said before I always thought I needed to be perfect or change myself to adhere to someone else. In school I tried to adapt to fit in with all of my classmates (same goes for college) and when it came to meshing with my new family (in-laws) I tried to do the same thing. Turns out I should've just been comfortable being me.

Turns out that no matter how courteous or nice you are to someone they still might not like you no matter what. I've always been a very trusting person or as my Poppy used to say "you wear your heart on your sleeve." Even though I would get hurt a lot I always went back to my old ways of trusting anyone and everyone, but a few years ago that all changed for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment