April 22, 2013

Ghost Adventures...It's Not Just A Show

Over the weekend I thought about what I should write for my next blog. I had a few good topics (ie: peer pressure, family, hobbies, stuff like that) but none of them struck a big enough chord with me to want to write about it at the moment. Friday night rolled around and I tuned into my favorite show (that I never miss and have all the episodes recorded on my dvr) Ghost Adventures! It's on the Travel Channel and airs every Friday night at 9pm (new episodes and re-runs). Go to Google and type in Ghost Adventures to check them out...you will not be disappointed!!

The show consists of three investigators Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin. These guys are amazing!!! (sorry about all of the exclamation points but I love this show) Anyway, the three of them travel around the world in search of the paranormal and try to discover what happens after you die. For some you might be thinking this is a morbid show, but it's just the opposite. It shows that there is life after death and loved ones that you thought were gone might still be around, you just have to open yourself up to it.

I know that after watching them on tv for so many years I became intrigued to try it for myself so I decided to purchase my own digital recorder to capture some EVP's (electronic voice phenomenon's). I took the recorder and sat down at my mom's trying to see if I could capture my poppy or dad's voices in case they had anything that they needed to get off their chest. Sadly enough I didn't catch any spirit voices, but it still didn't discourage me from believing in the afterlife and that my poppy and dad are still around me.

I'll leave you with this little quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that was used in the Ghost Adventures documentary in 2004: "It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but only retire a little from sight and afterwards return again. Nothing is dead; men feign themselves dead, and endure mock funerals and mournful obituaries, and there they stand looking out of the window, sound and well, in some new strange disguise."

No comments:

Post a Comment