April 8, 2013

The Show Of Show's...Almost?

I know this might suprise some people to find out that enjoy watching wrestling, but I honestly can't help it. My youngest brother really got me into watching it and soon enough I was tuning in every Monday night for RAW and every Thursday (now Friday) night for Smackdown. I really enjoyed watching the different characters/personas that the athletes portrayed every night and I also couldn't resist their good looks, but then again what girl could?

Last night was the show of all show's in the wrestling industry...Wrestlemania 29. I invited my younger brother up to my house to watch the festivities. One of the matches I was dying to see involved my favorite wrestler Randy Orton (look him up...he's amazing). Orton, Sheamus, and The Big Show teamed up against one of the heels (bad guy) of the show, The Shield. All in all it was a "good" match and kicked off the start to Wrestlemania 29 with a bang.

The reason I only say that it was "good" and not great is:

  1. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show are HUGE superstars in their own right and they weren't headlining on the "biggest stage of them all."
  2. The match was somewhat predictable and it didn't have a lot of OMG moments like I had been hoping/waiting for.
  3. Plus when the match ended and they had Big Show turn on Orton and Sheamus I think everyone saw that coming (these guys all have huge egos).
Overall, Wrestlemania was "good", not great. Undertaker extended his streak to 21-0 and that's always something to root for (R.I.P. Paul Bearer). Triple H made Brock Lesnar pay (that caused my brother and I to disagree a bit...lol). Finally I end with The Rock and John Cena redemption match. I think people weren't expecting Cena to reclaim the title but in his defense he is the face of the WWE, and The Rock has the whole  "Hollywood" thing going for him. I'm hoping that tonight on RAW they'll be able to bounce back from a "good" Wrestlemania and shock the world on tonight's episode...a girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment