February 25, 2014

Just Why?

Why? This question has been on my mind all day. Why do people who don't need or deserve someones help receive it? Why is it when a good, decent person needs help no one is there to help them? Or better yet why don't people feel inclined to help other people in today's society?


Take for example things that you see everyday. I've seen people cut each other off on streets, scream at each other when they don't get what they want at a store, pass by people that are broken down on the side of the road, and think that they are actually holier than God himself!

So what happened to the world? With so much negativity and selfishness running rampant I'm surprised there's still even a world at all. But, then again there are people in the world who are so selfless and care only about the well being of others. I like to believe that I'm the second one. Even though I have had my moment's of selfishness I still care more about the people around me than I do about myself.



I decided that maybe it's time people of the world started acting more like the second choice than the first. I came up with a short list that everyone could do that might just have a small impact on the way people react and act towards you. Check it out:

1.) SMILE! 
Always try to have a smile on your face. I was told by classmates that my smile was contagious in high school.

2.) STAY POSITIVE! 
Don't fret about the small things. Try to be as optimistic as possible.

3.) SHOW RESPECT! 
Don't do or say things to others that you wouldn't like done in return to you.

4.) BE NICE! 
When all else fails my mom told me "Kill 'em with kindness" (it always works).

I hope each and everyone of you have a great rest of the week and try to do at least one of the things on the list above. You never know just how much an act of kindness really means to someone until you go and do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment